“I started at the Smithsonian when marketing wasn’t even a thing.”
Atokatha Ashmond Brew learned valuable lessons during her time working at The Smithsonian. Little did she know exploring the past at the world’s largest museum would lead her to analyze past buying decisions around consumer behavior across many non-profit and for-profit organizations.
Atokatha Ashmond Brew is a Senior Director for Client Marketing & Strategic Communications. She specializes in branding, strategic marketing, and communication to build excitement for brands and pinpoint profit opportunities.
Atokatha is always asking herself how do we predict performance? How do we effectively market products, services, and measure growth?
She discusses what it takes to be a high-energy marketeer/entrepreneur and the opportunities in disguise during changing times.
“What we knew yesterday continues to change.”
Just a few of the points you’ll learn in this episode:
- The importance of enthusiasm for our work
- Machine Learning and predictive analytics (effective money management)
- Why it’s so important to monitor tasks beyond simple spreadsheets!
- How can you tactfully use information portals?
“If you want to specialize in a particular area, you still need to understand other disciplines of marketing to put it all together. ”
- How can “smart data” improve content for your audience?
- Why is the past behavior of your target audience so important?
- Online certifications that are as helpful as traditional institutions
- What do hirers look for when choosing a new marketer?
- What’s a helpful way to measure your progress? (Observing other organizations)
- Interested in building a team? Which skills should you prioritize?
- How to pivot your appeal to shifting conditions (especially pandemic times)
- Why it’s important to stick to the facts of each day (webinars, podcasts, AMAs)
“When we are working, we’re still a human unit.”
Where to learn more about and reach Atokatha Ashmond Brew and references mentioned: