Episode 36: Steering Brand Marketing with Josh Greene
Do you love the marketing value we're providing in the podcast? Never miss an episode! Subscribe to our tribe and get free insights!
Josh Greene is the CEO for The Mather Group, a digital agency, that helps companies manage how they’re found online, through Wikipedia and Search Engine Optimization, and drives targeted high value leads for B2B companies Prior to The Mather Group, Greene was the VP of Marketing for both 1-800-PACK-RAT and Zippy Shell where he was responsible for all marketing including online, offline, and the launch of national television campaigns.
“Consumers are starting to expect authenticity about people and what they’re like.”
Just a few of the points you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to connect with your target audience by inviting outside perspectives
- The rewarding challenges of working within a budget (spirit of experimentation)
- How important it is to be “hooked up” to your goals
- Why seeing direct results is tough (unless you’re benchmarking)
“I think we’ve really seen a breakout of personality showing through and authentic business to consumer models.”
- How to bring a new perspective to solve your client’s problems
- Why it’s important to join a new platform as soon as possible
- Why you should definitely email more often!
- Why the client is as interesting to their audience as their product or service
- Why you shouldn’t just focus on your strengths (especially B2B)
- Why it’s important to invite an outside perspective to improve least performing channels
- Which oversight occurs often that marketers can help you with
- Why spending money on a service doesn’t mean it’s as optimized as it can be
“It’s important to keep fluid and try new things to get incremental growth that you’re looking for.”
Where to learn more and reach Josh:
Some of Josh’s favorite publications: