Agile Development has become a productivity favorite for organizations that seek more efficient and effective project management. Both scrum masters and new discoverers of this methodology can learn a lot from this episode about sprinting past your competition via continuous improvement and so much more!
“Servicing your team instead of just asserting yourself will lead to better productivity.”
Just a few of the points you’ll learn in this episode:
- Increasing team engagement
- The importance of top-level management in empowering their teams
- The specific things you need to focus on to be “agile”
- What do engineers and preschoolers have in common?
“When you introduce something new, it’s rejected. Find individuals on your side. ”
- Do people ever really reach their 2+ year project goals?
- What defines the scope of a project or service?
- The importance of administrators
- Why making your team feel capable leads to better project results
Agile Mindset for Client Satisfaction
- How agile training and coaching benefits your clients
- Why you need to branch out into unfamiliar areas to exceed expectations
- Why servant leaders develop trust in teams
- The necessity of directly molding agile strategies with team leaders
“By failing you learn and when you learn you develop better services.”
Where to learn more about and reach Eric: